Through the generous contributions of CLF members, Worthy Now coalition partners, and other donors, we can offer a free membership to any incarcerated person who chooses to join the CLF. It costs approximately $150/year to provide programming for each CLF member who is incarcerated. With more than 780 members in prison, the total budget required to bring our liberal faith to those living in prison is substantial.
Benefits for Members Who are Incarcerated
- Quest, CLF’s highly regarded monthly publication that goes deep into a particular spiritual theme
- UU World, the quarterly magazine of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
- 2 annual Worthy Now programing publications
- Reading packets with chapters from their choice of 20+ UU books, with more titles added every year; this program is supported by Skinner House Books and Beacon Press, who help us overcome the difficulty in sending books into detention facilities
- Correspondence courses from the UUA’s Tapestry of Faith to enhance personal growth and spiritual enrichment; selections include “The New UU,” “Spirit of Life,” “World Religions,” and “A Holy Curiosity”
- Pen Pal match with a non-incarcerated UU