Worthy Now Support Circles provide an online gathering space for those who are engaged in UU prison ministry and justice work or who have been previously incarcerated themselves. These groups are grounded in the practice of deep listening and take to heart Parker Palmer’s small group commitment to not “fix, save, or set each other straight.” Members of a circle give and receive support and encouragement as well as find space to process primary or secondary trauma, continue education, share stories, and offer resources.
Which Support Circle Is Right for Me?
We are currently offering three support circles for people engaged in this work at every level.
- Prison Industrial Complex 101 Alumni
- For those who have successfully completed the first class of the CLF Prison Ambassador Certification Program.
- CLF Pen Pals
- For those participants of the CLF Letter Writing Ministry
- Prison Ministry
- For those committed to ministry with people who are incarcerated,
- For those working within the prison system
- For those engaged in justice work related to the prison-industrial system or those affected by incarceration
- Post-Incarcerated Folks
- For those previously incarcerated siblings looking for networking and support in the free-world
All Support Circles are facilitated by CLF Prison Ministry Director, Mandy Goheen, and limited to 10 participants. They meet online using Zoom, an easy-to-use video conferencing tool that can be used on any device.
Circles of Support form every August to September. This year’s Circles have been organized. Please wait until August 2019 to register again!
If you have a group of people who would like to participate together with a Worthy Now Facilitator, we can arrange for a custom meeting time that fits your group.
The registration fee is $25 if you are not a member of the CLF. This fee is waived for members.